NATHAN WATSON SECURES TWO 10TH PLACE RESULT AT LOKET
In only his third GP back in action Husqvarna Motorcycles’ Nathan Watson has ended the MXGP of the Czech Republic with two 10th place finishes for a career best 10th overall.
Held at the historical circuit of Loket, round 13 of the 2015 FIM Motocross World Championship marked the return of the series to more hard-packed terrain. Showing impressive fitness Nathan pushed hard until the end of each race, avoiding mistakes to cross the finish line 10th in both motos. These results gave the young Brit a well-earned 10th overall, netting him a career first MXGP class top 10 overall result.
Round 13 of the MXGP series marked Todd Waters’ first outing on Husqvarna’s 2016 FC 450. Despite a great feeling with his new machine the Red Bull IceOne Husqvarna Factory Racing rider endured a tough GP.
Well placed in the early stages of the first moto, Waters was running eighth and steadily fighting his way forward until a crash, following a collision with another rider over a jump, put the Australian out of the race. Not fully recovered from his moto one crash, Waters finished moto two in 13th place.
Wilvo Nestaan Husqvarna Factory Racing’s Dean Ferris was unable to repeat his recent strong performances. A first lap crash after contact with another rider gave Ferris a mountain to climb in moto one. The Aussie quickly regrouped and immediately started passing riders, working his way up to 16th at the finish. Ferris had a better start in moto two but wasn’t able to finish the race.
In the MX2 class, Wilvo Nestaan Husqvarna Factory Racing’s Harri Kullas started the GP with high expectations after his third overall result at the previous round in Latvia. A bad start in moto one forced Kullas to fight from the back of the pack to finish 19th. Another bad start in moto two again saw the Finn forced to work hard, ending the race 16th for 18th overall.
Kullas will now have the chance to gain more experience aboard his Husqvarna FC 250 as he will stay with the Wilvo Nestaan Husqvarna Factory Racing team for the remainder of the European GPs.
The 2015 FIM Motocross World Championship continues with the MXGP of Belgium in Lommel on August 2.
Nathan Watson: “I feel like I made a good step forward this weekend. Getting my first top 10 result is great, I have to thank the IceOne team so much. The track was tough, but I really enjoyed it. You had to get your lines right, which I felt like I did. I got a mid-pack start in the first moto after getting banged in the first turn. The race went well and getting 10th was awesome. I spun up crossing the gate in the second moto, which made things a little tougher. The track was really rough but I came through for 10th. I feel good now – my fitness is where it needs to be – so I’m looking forward to Lommel next weekend.”
Todd Waters: “The team’s been working really hard in preparation for this GP – my first on the 2016 Husqvarna. I felt great on the bike and had a good Saturday qualifying race. I didn’t get a great start in the first moto, but was coming through ok. The track was really slippery, so it was easy to get caught out. I was taking my time to get passed riders, and then a rider jumped in front of me. I crashed really hard, that was it for the first moto. I didn’t feel great in the second race after that crash. I fell a few times and ended 13th. It’s disappointing but I’m looking forward to racing in Belgium next weekend.”
Harri Kullas: “I guess after my result in Latvia expectations were pretty high for me here. I’ve not raced hard pack tracks so much, so I knew things wouldn’t suit me that great. But I gave my all, I just didn’t get a great feeling with the track. There were a lot of guys riding at a similar pace, so you needed to be aggressive. It’s not the results I wanted for the team, but now we have three tracks I’m looking forward to racing at so I’m confident about that.”
Results – FIM Motocross World Championship, Round 13
1. Romain Febvre (Yamaha) 50pts; 2. Evgeny Bobryshev (Honda) 44pts; 3. Clement Desalle (Suzuki) 40pts… 10. Nathan Watson (Husqvarna) 22pts… 17. Todd Waters (Husqvarna) 8pts… 20. Dean Ferris (Husqvarna) 5pts… 22. Klemen Gercar (Husqvarna) 2pts
MXGP Race 1
1. Romain Febvre (Yamaha) 19 laps, 35:06.583; 2. Evgeny Bobryshev (Honda) 35:15.946; 3. Clement Desalle (Suzuki) 35:18.843… 10. Nathan Watson (Husqvarna) 35:53.701… 16. Dean Ferris (Husqvarna) 36:30.081… 22. Klemen Gercar (Husqvarna) 18 laps, 35:30.016
MXGP Race 2
1. Romain Febvre (Yamaha) 19 laps, 35:24.379; 2. Evgeny Bobryshev (Honda) 35:29.609; 3. Clement Desalle (Suzuki) 35:32.347… 10. Nathan Watson (Husqvarna) 36:08.625… 13. Todd Waters (Husqvarna) 36:39.522… 19. Klemen Gercar (Husqvarna) 18 laps, 35:41.105
1. Valentin Guillod (Yamaha) 47pts; 2. Pauls Jonass (KTM) 38pts; 3. Jordi Tixier (Kawasaki) 36pts… 18. Harri Kullas (Husqvarna) 7pts… 23. Davide Bonini (Husqvarna) 1pt
MX2 Race 1
1. Max Anstie (Kawasaki) 19 laps, 35:30.895; 2. Valentin Guillod (Yamaha) 35:33.388; 3. Jordi Tixier (Kawasaki) 35:35.782… 19. Harri Kullas (Husqvarna) 36:50.039… 21. Davide Bonini (Husqvarna) 36:54.488… 23. Anton Lundgren (Husqvarna) 36:58.469
MX2 Race 2
1. Valentin Guillod (Yamaha) 18 laps, 33:51.527; 2. Tim Gajser (Honda) 33:58.157; 3. Pauls Jonass (KTM) 34:09.368 … 16. Harri Kullas (Husqvarna) 35:00.761… 20. Davide Bonini (Husqvarna) 35:21.491; 21. Anton Lundgren (Husqvarna) 35:27.833… 25. Maykal Grisha Ivanov (Husqvarna) 17 laps, 34:23.908
Championship Standings (After Round 13)
1. Romain Febvre (Yamaha) 507pts; 2. Gautier Paulin (Honda) 419pts; 3. Antonio Cairoli (KTM) 416pts… 5. Max Nagl (Husqvarna) 360pts… 11. Todd Waters (Husqvarna) 250pts; 12. Dean Ferris (Husqvarna) 189pts… 24. Nathan Watson (Husqvarna) 60pts… 26. Rui Goncalves (Husqvarna) 33pts… 37. Klemen Gercar (Husqvarna) 11pts
1. Jeffrey Herlings (KTM) 423pts; 2. Tim Gajser (Honda) 399pts; 3. Valentin Guillod (Yamaha) 399pts… 9. Aleksandr Tonkov (Husqvarna) 256pts… 25. Harri Kullas (Husqvarna) 58pts… 27. Anton Lundgren (Husqvarna) 33pts… 33. Grisha Maykal Ivanov (Husqvarna) 13pts
Tags: 10th overall, 10th place, 2012, 2013, 2014, action, Aprilla, bajaj, bikes, bmw, career best, Czech Republic, Ducati, E-bikes, finishes, gilera, harley davidson, Hero Motor, honda, husqvarna, Husqvarna Motorcycles, Indian, kawasaki, ktm, Kymco, Las Vegas, latestbikesinfo.com, motorcycles, Mountain bikes, MXGP, Nathan Watson, royal enfield, simplyautos.com, Star, Suzuki, third GP, Triumph, Vextrix, victory, Yamaha, Zero \
Posted by Jared
on August 1, 2015. Filed under Top Stories
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0
Both comments and pings are currently closed.