The 2012 Ducati Monster 696 is one of the more popular street bikes available to purchase today. The term “naked street bike” that is associated with this bike comes from its raw power and strong performance. It has a sleek design without a lot of bulk, which makes it unique from other bikes. The top features of this bike include:
– The crankcase on the bike is both lightweight and compact. Since it doesn’t weigh much it helps increase performance of the bike.
– The 696 Monster has 80 horsepower with 9,000 RPM.
– A wet clutch is included, which reduces chances of destabilization happening during aggressive driving.
– The engine is a Desmodue Dual Spark L-Twin, which is air cooled and 696cc. The engine is what provides this bike with the unique sound that Ducatis are known for.
– 2 aluminum mufflers make up the exhaust.
– Torque is 50.6 lb/ft at 7,750 RPM.
– Brembo brakes are equipped on the Monster 696. There are 320mm floating discs on the front and the back of the bike has 245mm floating rear discs. These strong brakes help to make this bike extremely safe and stable.
– This bike is lightweight despite how powerful it is. The total dry weight is 355 pounds, which gives it increased performance capabilities.
– Sachs monoshock allows the driver to adjust the spring and damping settings.
– A Pirelli Ange ST 160/60 tire is on the back.
– The rear wheel is a 3-spoke light alloy.
– The front tire is a Pirelli Angel ST 120/60.
– The front wheel is 3-spoke alloy 3.5 x 17.
– Rear LED light with sleek strip design.
– LED lights around license plate.
– Instrument display also has controls on it.
– Ducati data analyzer system can be activated through the control panel.
– Plug under the seat can work as a battery charger with the appropriate accessories.
– The digital display shows the oil temperature, turn signals, lap time, speed, trip fuel and more.
– Dual seat for a passenger.
– The body colors include: red, black and white. Different combinations of both are available for the frame and wheel.
This is more of a super bike than it is a regular street bike. It handles well on the open road and has many good reviews from owners. The twin cylinder engine is air cooled to produce high numbers of torque that other bikes can’t touch. The unique wet clutch also makes down-shifting while driving much easier. The crankcase on the Monster 696 is new and smaller than previous models. It weighs a lot less to allow the bike to handle more efficiently.